Likely one of the most popular essential oils of all time, Lavender has an enchanting natural chemistry that exhilarates the mind and body.
If you feel agitated or stressed, calmly inhaling Lavender’s rich and sweet-herbaceous aroma can melt away your worries. By offering balance, Lavender promotes restoration.
Although historical records don’t account for the exact moment Lavender’s many uses were discovered, it’s believed to have been cultivated in Arabia around 600 B.C. Lavender’s native range now extends across the Canary Islands, North and East Africa, Southern Europe and the Mediterranean and into certain regions of the Middle East and India.
Victoria Kay Designs's Lavender is grown at high elevation and is also referred to as Bulgarian Lavender. The highest quality Lavender grows at altitudes above 2,000 feet. Lavender is an evergreen plant that grows to about 3 feet and produces gorgeous lilac-colored flowers. To extract the oil, the flowers are put through a steam distillation process. Lavender is an essential oil that you will not want to live without.
Use this essential oil sparingly; one drop goes a long way because it oh so VERY potent and concentrated!
- Botanical Name: Lavandula Angustifolia
- Synonyms: Lavandula Officinalis, Lavandula Vera, True Lavender, Common Lavender, English Lavender
- Type: Bulgarian High Altitude
- Origin: Bulgaria
- Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Note: Middle – Top
- Family: Lamiaceae
- Blends Well With: Geranium, and other florals, Citrus, Clove Bud, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Rose, Pine.
- Aroma: Herbaceous, sweet, floral, fresh, and clean. Strong, rich Lavender floral and fruity. More true and fresher scent of "Lavender" than other varieties. Considered the "cream of the crop" when it comes to Lavender. Its odor effect is uplifting, calming and refreshing.
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear
- Purity: 100% (NOT diluted; NO additives; NO fillers - EVER)
- Therapeutic/Medicinal Quality?: Yes!!
- Shelf Life: 4 Years
BENEFITS THE FOLLOWING:
(Potential to be useful when used safely and appropriately)
- Circulatory: arthritis
- Digestive: parasites
- Immune: inflammation, virus
- Limbic/Emotional: anxiety, irritability, stress, tension, nausea, depression
- Muscular: spasm, cramp, ache, pain
- Nervous: nerve pain, anxiety, stress, tension (nervous)
- Respiratory: congestion, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, whooping cough, asthma, laryngitis, coughs, catarrh
- Skin: bacterial infection, athlete's foot, eczema, psoriasis, fungal infection, scars, body odor, wound, itching, burns, acne, skin care (most skin types), acne, boils, bruises, dermatitis, scabies, insect bites and stings, chill-blains
- Home: airborne germs, surface germs, insect repellent
- Additionally: allergies, earache, colds and flu, colic, dandruff, ringworm, scabies, painful menstruation, headache, migraine, insomnia, pre-menstrual syndrome, stress-related disorders.
(Please reference the Appendix on this site for definitions)
analgesic, anti-bacterial (bactericidal), anti-convulsive, anti-depressant, anti-fungal (fungicidal), anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory/anti-phlogistic, anti-microbial/anti-septic, anti-spasmodic, anti-toxic, anti-parasitic (parasiticide), anti-helmintic (vermifuge), anti-viral (viricidal), calming, carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, decongestant, deodorant, diuretic, emmanagoguic, hypotensive, insecticidal, nervine/neurotonic, parasiticidal, rubefacient, sedative (nervous), sudorific, tonic, vulnerary.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Diffusion: Use one to four drops in the diffuser of your choice (this oil is VERY strong/potent, but you decide how strong you want the scent to be). Ideally, diffuse essential oils for 30-60 minutes on, then 30-60 minutes off. This is not only safer, but it’s also more effective as both our bodies and our nervous system habituate to essential oils after this period of time. Whenever you are using or diffusing essential oils, some air exchange (fresh air) is advisable. Do not diffuse around cats.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil (Jojoba, Sunflower, Olive, Coconut, Almond, etc.) to minimize any skin sensitivity. Proper dilution ratio and a link for you to learn how to properly dilute is below.
LAVENDER IS NOT ESTROGENIC NOR DOES IT CAUSE PREMATURE BREASTS!!!:
- Lavender essential oil is NOT estrogenic!! That is a myth!!! Read about it here:
- Lavender Essential Oil does NOT cause breast growth in children! Its a myth! Read about it here: www.mommypotamus.com/does-lavender-oil-cause-estrogen-imbalance/
Generally regarded as non-irritant and non-sensitizing. However, there are reports of contact dermatitis as a result of over-use of the oil. It is also possible to be sensitive to one particular brand of lavender oil and not to another, even though both types may be labelled "L. Officinalis". This may suggest that the oil has been adulterated or that it has been oxidized. The oil is much more likely to irritate skin when used neat (not diluted) or in high concentrations.
- Safe for which ages?: All
- Safe for pregnancy?: Yes
- Safe for breastfeeding?: Yes
- Safe for dog?: Yes
- Safe for cat?: No
Kids Max Dilution: 1%
Adult Max Topical Dilution: none (but always dilute before applying to the skin).
Learn more about dilution for all ages, bottle sizes, etc. https://www.usingeossafely.com/diluting-essential-oils-safely-safe-dilution-guidelines-for-all-ages/
NEVER USE ESSENTIAL OILS INTERNALLY IN ANY AMOUNT, UNLESS DIRECTED BY A LICENSED AROMATHERAPIST OR PHYSICIAN. If under a doctor’s care, consult physician. Discontinue use if skin sensitivity occurs. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use undiluted on skin. Keep out of reach of children.
Safety Guidelines & Explanations:
Information sourced from - Essential Oil Profiles: Aromatherapy reference manual for the beginner and beyond (book), by Lea Jacobson, Certified Clinical Aromatherapist. Purchase by clicking here.
Please see the following websites for different uses & safety:
TAKE CARE OF YOUR ESSENTIAL OIL INVESTMENT:
Please keep out of the heat, the sun and the light. It is best to store essential oils in a cool, dark place or room. Do not leave in your vehicle in warm (75+ degrees) or very cold temperatures. Heat especially destroys the medicinal/therapeutic properties of essential oils. Make sure to keep cap tightly closed. It is best to use your essential oils within one year, although they will last much longer than that if taken care of properly (above). If not taken care of properly, essential oils can degrade and/or go rancid and will no longer be medicinal/therapeutic for you.
The information provided is general and should not be taken as medical advice. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or disorder. Please consult your doctor, especially if being used during pregnancy, before using our Bulgarian Lavender Essential Oil. It should not be used directly in pregnant women or women who are currently breastfeeding. Victoria Kay Designs nor associated business entities guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Victoria Kay Designs is not responsible for users who use this essential oil unsafely. More than enough information, and reference information to legitimate sources is available on this website for users to educate themselves. If buyers/users choose not to educate themselves and use any essential oil irresponsibly - that is not the fault of this business. Victoria Kay Designs is not responsible for any ill-fated reactions, i.e. sensitivity, irritation, phototoxicity, internal damage (taking internally), illness, death, etc., etc. due to usage of any essential oil information on this website/not on this website, or essential oil sold on this website or sold at arts & crafts shows. Users assume all responsibility once product passes into their hands.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.